7. Gastronomic campaigns
The cuisine in Sant Feliu de Guíxols is well-known for the quality of its products, not only fish and vegetables, but also meat and fruits. The cuisine has a long-lasting tradition that reinterprets both its traditional and its creative dishes. We must point out the oily fish and the seafood cuisine, such as fish stew, anchovies stew, cod and peixopalo (dried cod without salt).
Throughout the year, many gastronomic campaigns are carried out, in which the restaurants are involved. We must point out:
- Popular sea urchins (in February)
- Cod and dried cod (in March)
- Ganxotapas Tapas in spring (April - May) and tapas in autumn (October - November)
- Brunyol Market (a typical sweet (in Easter)
- Oily fish Gastronomic Campaign (May - June)